Thursday, September 6, 2007

Remodeling

I'm in the process of doing some minor remodeling of the house in order to get it ready for selling. This past week, I tore apart the downstairs bathroom, removing the tub surround, upper wall paper, sink, and molding. Last night I cut in the new paint color for the upper parts of the walls. I am hoping to get the rest of it painted tonight & install the new light fixture. This weekend, I should be able to get the new white vinyl wainscoting & molding installed along with the new tub surround.

The next step will be do start on the floor. My friend Kate gave me the idea to paint the floor instead of installing a new flooring. I guess she saw this technique on HGTV. So, I figured...what can it hurt? if I don't like it...I can install new flooring over the top. I will post pics on here of the progress.

Next comes the upstairs bathroom... I need to replace the tub surround due to some grouting/sealant issues. I ended up having some sheet rock damage, so replaced a square of sheet rock and am contemplating putting in a glass door instead of curtain to keep it from leaking again. I'm also going to have to replace the floor. Not sure what I will do for the floor up there....but the press board they used for the floor is puffed up in places, so might have to replace some of the sub floor too.

I have a few other minor things to do in order to get the house ready to sell, so will be working frantically to get them done.

Wish me luck!

No comments: