Thursday, January 24, 2008

Sold!....and the process begins...

Well, in 8 days, the house sold! Wow...not what I was expecting! A young couple is buying it and now we are going through the inspection process. The VA inspection was this past Monday and yesterday I rec'd a list of things to fix. Everything will be done by Friday, so they can either re-inspect or just call the appraiser. The closing is scheduled for Feb 15th...I hope everything flows so we can keep it on schedule. My agent, Sali, has been wonderful in keeping me up on what is going on and helping out in anyway she can.

When I accepted the offer, I started looking for a rental. So....I found a nice little (heavy on 'little') one bedroom apt in Browne's Addition, close to downtown. I just have to remember it's only temporary...poor Stoli wont have a yard to play in, but we can walk to the park when it gets warmer. I get my keys on Jan 31st and will move in that weekend...giving myself about 2 weeks to get everything into the apt or the storage unit.

Im really going to miss my house. I have lots of memories there & have done lots of work to it. I just hope that the new owners make it a home & have many wonderful memories of their own there. Im sure the day I hand over the keys will be a hard one...but...the journey must go on and as I shut one door, another will open.

No comments: