Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Day 1.....done....on to day 2!

Wow....yesterday came & went so fast!  Found out that the excavator would be at the property at 10am and digging would commence at 10:30.  So, I arrived at 9:45 to document the experience, Day 1.  I wandered the property for a few hours watching the backhoe dig the foundation, helping as I could.  Took lots of pictures.  Had to head home for lunch & to work for a few hours, but planned on being back at the site before 3.

Picked up my friend Chad at about 2:30 and headed back to the property.  The foundation was complete dug out and the backhoe guy (I cant remember his name), was plucking trees out of the ground to make way for the cement trucks.  We walked through the driveway changes and he proceeded to cut in the new driveway.  A few more, larger, trees had to be plucked out for the new driveway.

What an experience....I still have a smile on my face & was quite giddy while there yesterday.  On to day 2....today they are restaking within the hole dug, so they can put in the foundation forms.  Not sure if concrete comes today or tomorrow, but its moving along.....


No comments: